Personal Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) is to inform you how Samwoh Corporation Pte Ltd and/or its group of companies, subsidiaries and joint ventures (individually or collectively referred to as "Samwoh", the “Group”, "we", "us" or "our"), collectively manage Personal Data (as hereinafter defined) which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
The Policy applies to all business units and departments across Samwoh and sets out how we collect, use or disclose Personal Data from you or that you have provided to us through the Group’s websites or otherwise. Please read this Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an employee or a job applicant who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Depending on your nature of interaction with Samwoh, examples of such Personal Data include your name, NRIC or FIN number, passport number, contact numbers, email address, mailing address, photograph, video image, country, profession, job position, industry, payment information, employment history, education background, income levels and any other information relating to individuals which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Generally, Samwoh may collect your personal data directly or indirectly including, but not limited, to the following ways which you may:
• Register or use any of our services from our websites (including cookies, IP addresses, account registration) and any form of information provided on our online platforms;
• Participate in our market research or surveys;
• Submit forms relating to our products and services;
• Submit job applications, resume and reference letters;
• Provide personal data when visiting our premises;
• Interact with our employees or representatives such as email, phone, letter, face-to-face meeting, recruitment, events, roadshows, exhibitions, conferences, etc.;
• Provide information to other organisation (e.g. business directories, credit reference agencies, banks or individuals) which you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf;
• Download or use any of our mobile applications;
• When your images are captured by us via CCTV surveillance cameras or via photos and videos taken by us or our representatives when you are within our premises or during our events;
• Submit your Personal data for any other reasons.
You should ensure that your Personal Data that you have submitted, whether with given consent or not, is true and complete. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Our website (www.samwoh.com.sg) might contain links to other websites operated by third-parties. We will not be held responsible for the privacy practices for websites operated by third-parties. It is encouraged that you get hold of the privacy policies of these third-party websites. Before leaving our website and visiting these third-party websites, it is essential to determine the handling of your Personal Data by these websites.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Samwoh and its group of companies, subsidiaries, joint venture, appointed third party service providers and contractual outsourced parties, in Singapore and at overseas, may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data to:
• Facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
• Verify your identity;
• Protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
• Conduct and complete both online and offline transactions (e.g. signing of contracts, agreements, payments etc.);
• Conduct audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, action planning and managing commercial risks;
• Conduct market research and improve customer services;
• Process your application as a candidate or intern or scholar including pre-recruitment checks, providing or obtaining employee references or other references where relevant for background screening/vetting; collecting information about your suitability for the position applied for, organise training and staff development programmes, assess your performance, administer benefits and payroll processing, provide you with tools to facilitate or as required for you to do your job;
• Compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
• Create and maintain relationship by ways of communication with our stakeholders (e.g. client, investors, prospect, buyer, shareholder, employee, candidate, scholar, contractor, website user, online user, app user etc.);
• Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud, money-laundering terrorism financing and analysing and managing other commercial risks;
• Prevent, detect and investigate crime and manage the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance, conducting security clearances and recording of entrance to and exit from any of our premises.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
• Samwoh and our companies within the Group or related parties;
• Agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to Samwoh, such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, training, market research, storage, archival or other services to Samwoh;
• External business and charity partners in relation to corporate promotional events;
• The Credit Bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
• Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
• Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority;
• Professional advisors such as auditors and lawyers;
• Agents, contractors, third party service providers, specialist advisers and contractual outsourced parties who provide Samwoh the goods and services to perform business, operational and/or administrative functions;
• Any other parties which, in Samwoh’s discretion, is expedient for, in accordance to or in connection with the purposes stated above.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
To safeguard your Personal Data, we take reasonable care to ensure that your Personal Data is classified, stored and transmitted adequately with appropriate security technologies via communicating data protection policy, controlling authorised access and scheduling regular audits on data protection process.
However, we are not immune from cyber-attacks such as hacking, spyware, viruses. As such, we will not be liable for any unauthorised loss, destruction, and disclosure of your data that arise from such cyber-attack risks.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Samwoh will periodically review the Personal Data collected by us to determine if that data is still needed. Your Personal Data will be retained only as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal and/or business purposes.
Samwoh reserves the right to modify or change this Data Protection Policy at any time. If Samwoh makes changes to this Data Protection Policy, changes will be posted on Samwoh’s corporate website.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you have any feedback or queries in relation to the protection of your Personal Data, you may write to our Personal Data Protection Officer and we will provide you with a response within three working days.
Attention: Personal Data Protection Officer
Tel: 6269 7288
Address: 25E Sungei Kadut Street 1, Singapore 729333